Director, Consultancy, Mumbai
Meenakshi brings to CCL over 18 years of experience in the area of Investment Banking, encompassing Equity Capital Markets, M&A, Compliance and Risk Management. She holds a Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce and is a Chartered Accountant. She was 1st in India among female students in the “Auditing” paper and ranked 33rd (All India) in the C.A. Final Examination.
She has a thorough understanding of the regulatory requirements stipulated by SEBI and other securities regulations governing the investment banking space. She brings in substantive experience in developing compliance policies, procedures and manuals enabling the development of an effective compliance framework.
Meenakshi has worked for SBI Capital Markets Limited (SBICAP), which is the investment banking arm of the State Bank of India, for 18 years. During her tenure in SBICAP, she has worked as part of the Capital Markets Group handling IPO advisory and other capital market related transactions. She has led the M&A & Advisory team, handling various transactions including sell-offs, acquisitions, joint venture advisory etc. Subsequently, she moved to the Compliance and Risk Management Department within SBICAP and was the Chief Risk Officer of the Company.
Recent work includes:
- Initial advisory to a Foreign Investment Banking entity on local compliance requirements.
- Review of compliance policies and manuals, sensitizing operating groups on the expectations of the regulator, preparation for SEBI inspections, conducting compliance reviews of specific transactions and strengthening the risk management framework for a local investment bank.
- Obtained SEBI authorisation for an Investment Advisory Firm and established their compliance policies.
- Advising a Private Equity Fund on their AML/CFT and Anti-bribery and corruption policies and procedures.
- Obtained SEBI authorisation for a Research Entity and established their compliance policies.
Email Meenakshi Iyer +91 22 2838 1163