As a part of our Project’s team, Aafreen specialises in incorporation and authorisation support services which includes company formation and compliance projects. Aafreen also acts as Company Secretary for DFSA-Authorised Firms in the DIFC.
Aafreen takes a hands-on approach when it comes to dealing with government, regulatory and statutory authorities including the DIFC and ADGM Registrars. Her areas of expertise include corporate and legal affairs, regulatory compliance, secretarial audit and corporate governance.
Prior to joining CCL, Aafreen worked for DFSA-regulated firm KBC Aldini Capital Limited, providing compliance support to the business. Before moving to Dubai in 2018, Aafreen spent five-years with a Corporate Service Provider as a Company Secretary and Compliance Officer in India, handling various Corporate Compliance and Secretarial matters. Furthermore, Aafreen conducted secretarial audits, due-diligence, corporate filings and listing applications for major leading corporates.
Aafreen qualified as Company Secretary from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) in 2014 and holds a Bachelor of Commerce (B.COM) degree from the University of Delhi.
Recent work includes:
- Assisting applicants to obtain authorisation of DFSA for different categories including the preparation of their Compliance Framework in-line with regulatory requirements.
- Assisting applicants with DIFC/ADGM incorporation and ancillary services following incorporation including developing full suite of compliance documentation.
- Preparing the incorporation of both DIFC and ADGM companies.
- Providing assistance and advice in ROC related matters including company’s updates on the DIFC Portal.
- Providing ongoing AML and compliance support including reviews of firms’ Compliance Manuals, Policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the on-boarding of new CCL clients and client engagements.