Gabriella provides compliance and AML support services to our clients in the DIFC, assisting with their day-to-day compliance requirements as well as supporting our consultancy team with the assessment of compliance arrangements, company formations and compliance projects. This includes undertaking client file reviews, onboarding and classifying clients, completing gap analysis, preparing and executing the remediation plans, and undertaking compliance monitoring programmes with detailed testing of a Firm’s systems and controls, identifying weakness and providing recommendations for remediation.
Gabriella is also the outsourced Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for a DFSA Authorised Asset Management and a Wealth Management firm in the DIFC.
Prior to joining CCL in 2017, Gabriella’s worked in London with Arthur J Gallagher, an insurance broker. Starting in a Risk and Compliance Assistant role Gabriella moved into a Regulatory Analyst role where she worked within the Compliance Team in responding to FCA regulatory information, providing assistance to the Compliance team in coordination, research and preparation of in-depth regulatory evaluation for the current business. Gabriella’s role also included submitting accurate RMAR regulatory reporting for the firm and all of its entities and handling and processing FCA Approved Person applications.
Gabriella graduated from the University of Leeds with an upper second-class honours degree in Geography BA (International).
Recent work includes:
- Authorised by the DFSA as the Compliance Officer and MLRO for an Asset Manager and Wealth Management firm.
- DIFC Incorporation for a FinTech firm.
- Assisting an applicant with obtaining DFSA authorisation, including the provision of their Compliance Framework in-line with regulatory requirements.
- Provided ongoing AML and compliance support including reviews of firms policies and procedures.
- Implementing compliance monitoring programmes for several DFSA Authorised Firms including a firm with a FinTech Innovation Testing License.