Hedieh specialises in DFSA and FSRA authorisations and has assisted a number of local and global institutions including Brokerage Firms, Asset Managers, Fund Managers, and Corporate Finance entities with their regulatory applications in the DIFC and the ADGM. As part of the authorisation process, Hedieh assists clients with developing their regulatory business plan, preparing their compliance documentation in line with the relevant regulatory requirements, developing and implementing risk-based compliance control frameworks, and advising on senior management and corporate governance systems and controls.
In addition to authorisation projects, Hedieh is the outsourced Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer for a DFSA-regulated entity, providing ongoing support and advice.
Prior to joining CCL, Hedieh spent several years with a DIFC-based consultancy firm. As an associate, she was responsible for advising and assisting various financial institutions including QIF Managers with obtaining their DFSA license as well as their DIFC registration. She played a key role in engaging new clients and acting as their representative in dealings with the DFSA and the DIFC Authority in the course of establishing their regulated business.
Before moving to Dubai, Hedieh worked in the retail banking sector in California as a Private Banker at Bank of America. She advised retail clients on personal financial planning by applying a risk-assessed basis strategy tailored towards individual client’s specific needs and objectives across the spectrum of financial products.
Hedieh holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics of Business from the University of California, Irvine.
Recent Work includes:
- Managing a number of applications for authorisation for DFSA and ADGM FSRA Category 3A, 3C, and 4 firms including waivers or endorsements in respect of Client Assets or Retail/Islamic endorsements.
- Assisting applicants with DIFC incorporation and ancillary services following incorporation.
- Advising firms on the impact and application of recent regulatory changes in the DIFC and developments in the ADGM and the UAE generally.
- Authorised as the Compliance Officer and MLRO for a DFSA-Regulated Firm.
- Conducting Compliance Monitoring Programmes for DFSA Authorised Firms and delivering Compliance and AML training to Authorised Firms in the DIFC.