Jade specialises in supporting financial services firms with regulatory advice to ensure they comply with their day-to-day regulatory obligations. In addition to acting as the Compliance Officer & MLRO for a number of firms, Jade undertakes specialist compliance project work for Firms within the DIFC, ADGM and onshore in the UAE.
In the DIFC, Jade is authorised by the DFSA as the Compliance Officer and MLRO for firms providing asset management services to market counterparties, and a branch of a UK private bank providing wealth management services to HNW retail clients. With a deep knowledge of wealth management, private banking and conduct risk gained from her time working in the UK and in the UAE, Jade is well placed to help firms adjust and respond to the emerging regulatory requirements in these areas.
In Abu Dhabi, Jade provides outsourced Compliance Officer and MLRO services to ADGM FSRA Authorised Firms providing asset management services to clients and distributors located in the GCC, and to a wealth management firm providing advice on strategic co-investments between Sovereign Wealth Funds globally.
As the Compliance Officer and MLRO for global asset management firms, Jade specialises in providing practical advice on cross-border marketing and product distribution, based on legal opinions on regulatory regimes across the Middle East.
Jade's compliance project work includes implementing compliance reviews, conducting gap analysis reports, providing advice on complex regulatory issues and proposing recommendations to address those issues. Jade also supports firms with implementing solutions to remediate issues and address recurring issues, this includes creating robust compliance systems and controls aligning local regulatory requirements with international best practice standards.
Prior to joining CCL in 2016, Jade worked as a Compliance Manager for Arbuthnot Latham & Co. Ltd, a private bank in the UK, specialising in private banking, wealth management and discretionary investment management. In this role, she had a variety of compliance responsibilities including day-to-day oversight of AML and financial crime, delivering training, implementing the compliance monitoring programme and advising senior management on the impact of regulatory change. Jade worked in the UK during the FCA’s overhaul of the regulatory regimes for conduct risk, senior managers and certification regime, suitability and client money and client assets, and supported the Firm to ensure compliance with regulatory developments and industry best practice. Before then, Jade worked with Intrust Ltd where she gained compliance experience in trusts, SPVs, offshore structures and providing corporate services for international HNW clients.
Jade holds a first class Law degree from the University of Westminster with and a Diploma in Investment Compliance from the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI).
Recent work includes:
- Providing compliance consultancy support and specialist compliance advice to the Compliance department of an international DFSA Authorised Firm operating an Islamic Window and providing products and services including investment banking, investment management, fixed income and equities.
- Conducted a Board assurance review for a DFSA Authorised Firm providing Forex and CFDs to Retail Clients, the review covered topics such as corporate governance, Board effectiveness, compliance with DFSA Dear SEO letter and effectiveness of the compliance monitoring programme.
- Conducted gap analysis of Firm’s adherence to DFSA’s thematic review findings.
- Implemented Compliance and AML Manuals tailored to the DIFC Branch of a UK regulated investment bank and a private wealth management, combining global standards with local regulatory requirements.
- Conducted a detailed gap analysis report on the DFSA and FCA’s Client Classification regimes for a DFSA Authorised Firm, placing reliance on its UK parent entity for client classification.
- Adjusted the compliance policies, procedures, systems and controls to respond to a DFSA Authorised Firm’s regulatory licence upgrade from Cat 4 to Cat 3C.
- Provided ongoing compliance and AML consultancy support which included a review of the Firms policies, procedures, client onboarding process and client files.
- Created a bespoke framework to facilitate a new advisory sales process, incorporating group training and competency standards, suitability criteria and client onboarding documentation into local policies and procedures.
- Implemented a detailed Compliance Monitoring Programme for a DFSA Authorised international investment bank and a private wealth management Firm.
- Reviewed Customer Due Diligence procedures and files for several DFSA Authorised Firms, including an Asset Manager and a Private Wealth Management firm.
- Seconded to a Firm regulated by the UAE Central Bank providing Brokerage and Wealth Management services.