Peter acts as the outsourced Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for Financial Services Regulatory Authority ("FSRA") Authorised firms in the Abu Dhabi Global Market ("ADGM"). On the licensing side, Peter has assisted a number of brokerage firms, financial institutions and Crypto Currency Exchanges in obtaining their DFSA and FSRA licence under various prudential categories. This work includes designing bespoke policies and procedures covering compliance, anti-money laundering, governance, cybersecurity and Business Continuity Plans and providing clients with general advice along the authorisation process.
Prior to joining CCL, Peter held the role of Compliance Manager at Emirates NBD where he led a team of Compliance Officers who ensured compliance with local regulations and industry best practice along with internal policies and procedures. His efforts included remediating findings and assisting business and operations to eliminate process gaps and improve controls. Peter also helped create a new risk-based monitoring programme for their Private Banking and Retail Banking Wealth Management divisions. From his previous role with the Canadian Investment Industry regulator, Peter developed a good understanding of regulatory audits and helped investment banks rectify non-compliance with legal requirements by carrying out current state analysis, risk identification, process documentation and testing and by recommending improvements.
Peter graduated from Concordia University with an Economics degree and has since completed a Certificate in Investment Dealer Compliance from the Canadian Securities Institute and is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist. Peter is fluent in English, French and spoken Arabic.
Recent work includes:
- Ongoing compliance and AML consultancy support to Authorised firms in the ADGM and the DIFC
- Supporting FSRA Authorised firms in the ADGM with regulatory advice and support to ensure they comply with their day-to-day regulatory obligations
- Assisted Virtual Asset Exchanges in their FSRA licensing applications
- Compliance Officer and MLRO to a subsidiary of a listed Swiss financial institution, and international and local Asset and Fund managers
- Trained and coached individuals to become DFSA authorised Compliance Officers and MLROs.