Tamer joined our Outsourcing team in 2018 and specialises in providing outsourced Compliance Officer and MLRO services to DFSA Authorised Firms.
In 2013, Tamer has started his career in the DIFC when he joined Rasmala Investment Bank DIFC as a Risk and Compliance Officer where he was responsible for conducting initial and ongoing counterparty risk and customer due diligence reviews. Later he joined Standard Chartered Bank in the DIFC as part of the Financial Crime Compliance team where he gained extensive experience in AML, sanctions and FATCA compliance.
Tamer went on to become the Authorised Compliance Officer and MLRO for Alkhair Capital (Dubai) Ltd, a Category 3A DFSA Authorised Firm with Islamic Financial Institution and Client Assets endorsements that provides investment management and advisory services to Corporates, Financial Institutions and Single Family Office clients. Tamer was responsible for monitoring the Firm’s adherence to the DFSA’s rules and gained extensive experience relating the Firm’s Arranging and Advising, Asset Management, Brokerage and Fund Management activities and has advanced knowledge of the DFSA’s fund regime. During his time with Alkhair Capital, Tamer advised Senior Management and the Board on two DFSA Licence upgrades, first from a Category 4 to Category 3C and then to Category 3A. Each licence upgrade required full review, revision and update of their existing compliance policies, procedures, systems and controls.
Tamer holds a B.A degree in Economics from Western University in Canada, an International Diploma in GRC, a Certificate in Islamic Finance Risk Assessment and Mitigation and is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS).
Recent work includes:
- Leading the regulatory authorisation process for a Retail FX, a Category 3A Firm establishing in the DIFC.
- Core team member of the first Reg Lab Authorisation for an insurer in the ADGM, where he drafted a suite of manuals tailored for an Insurance Business.
- Executing Compliance Monitoring Programmes for DFSA regulated firms.
- Providing ongoing compliance and AML consultancy support to DFSA Category 2, 3A, 3C and 4 firms.
- Providing guidance in DFSA Fund incorporation and working closely with external legal advisors to facilitate the fund incorporation process.
- Developing manuals required for DFSA Authorisation including compliance procedures manual, compliance monitoring programme, AML & CTF policies and risk management framework.