The Abu Dhabi Global Market (“ADGM”) provides Foreign Exchange (“FX”) firms with an English common law framework, a thriving FinTech ecosystem, innovative fully digital courts, an arbitration centre, and well-established links with other financial institutions and regulators worldwide.
Dealing in OTC Foreign Exchange (FX) with Retail Clients in the ADGM
Whether you are applying to be authorised in the ADGM to provide FX or any other financial service there are certain details of the application process that are applicable to all firms and details of this application process can be found by downloading our guide, Setting up in the ADGM.
In addition to these general requirements the ADGM has also published specific requirements/restrictions which are applicable to any firm offering FX, especially to Retail Clients.
Download our article for guidance on the following questions:
- What type of licence is required by firms seeking to deal in OTC FX Derivatives?
- What is the cost of doing business in the ADGM?
- Are there any individual mandatory appointments or qualifications required?
- What additional systems and controls must be implemented by a Firm dealing in OTC FX Derivatives with Retail Clients in the ADGM?
- How long does the application process take?
What should you do now?
Our ADGM-based team has significant experience in managing applications for OTC Derivatives firms. We can guide you in selecting the right permissions and category of licence to suit your business purpose, prepare all necessary documentation and project manage your entire application from start to finish. Contact us now for further details.