Why is Data Protection critical to your business?
The personal data you hold on your key business stakeholders is one of the most important corporate assets you have. In today’s increasingly interconnected and digital world, personal data has never been more readily available, easily processed and shared across borders.
Accordingly, there is increasing importance to protect and safeguard the personal data of your key stakeholders from accidental or unlawful loss, disclosure and access to protect their right to privacy.
Where personal data is inadequately protected or mishandled, it could lead to personal data theft or loss, resulting in significant consequences for your business such as financial loss, reputational damage, and regulatory fines.
Personal data theft or loss can result in significant consequences for your business
This, along with the increasing focus both internationally and in regional centres such as the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) to protect personal data, emphasises the need for your business to implement effective systems to safeguard the data you hold. It also highlights the importance to allocate responsibility for compliance with the Data Protection Legislation.
How can we help your business adhere to data protection laws and regulations?
As technology advances and data protection regulation increases, the importance of safeguarding personal information cannot be underestimated. Our experienced team has the relevant skills and experience to assist your business to:
- identify what types of personal data you are processing
- evaluate whether your business is processing personal data fairly, lawfully and securely
- identify the key data protection risks facing your business
- evaluate whether your business has the necessary permissions and consents to process personal data and, where required, guide you to obtain them
- tailor policies and procedures relating to the processing of personal data
- implement effective systems and controls to safeguard personal data
- implement personal data breach handling and reporting requirements
- train your team on their role in ensuring the protection of your client data
- develop a risk-based data protection monitoring programme for your business
Implementing good practices and conforming to data protection requirements will help protect the personal data of your stakeholders and, in turn, protect your business.
What should you do now?
To find out how we can help your business comply with the data protection requirements specific to your regulatory environment as well as provide insight to industry best practice, contact our experienced team of consultants now.