A number of factors played to the collapse of once reputable and respected corporates and institutions, such as their size, complexity, the extent to which they were regulated and, perhaps most importantly, weak governance or compliance arrangements which promoted inappropriate culture and risk-taking behaviour. To help you to protect your Firm, we will work with you to develop a Corporate Governance manual and if needed, any related procedures which will represent and inform your Firm’s compliance culture from the top down. A good corporate governance framework starts with understanding where your business is exposed to conduct risk and builds policies and procedures to mitigate financial, legal and ultimately reputational harm. This includes:
- clearly setting out your shareholder’s expectations regarding conduct
- the roles and responsibilities of your board members
- any committees required to provide independent oversight of the board
- the risk management arrangements you have in place such as management, systems and controls
- clear remuneration policies and reward structures
- transparent reporting and disclosures requirements
Together, this will provide your stakeholders with the assurance that your Firm’s activities are conducted with their interests at heart.
Our Corporate Governance Manuals are designed to describe our client’s specific oversight arrangements and embed these local arrangements within a broader group structure, where applicable.